User not logged in - login - register
Home Calendar Books School Tool Photo Gallery Message Boards Users Statistics Advertise Site Info
go to bottom | |
 Message Boards » » Democratic Messaging in 2026 and Beyond Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13, Prev Next  
thegoodlife3
All American
41178 Posts
user info
edit post

https://newrepublic.com/article/212517/democratic-centrists-need-stop-saying-both-sides-extremes

Quote :
" Democratic Centrists Need to Stop Saying “Both Sides” Have “Extremes”

Yes, democratic socialists are left of traditional Democrats. But they aren’t remotely as radical—or anywhere near as powerful—as the MAGA right"

6/30/2026 9:25:09 AM

marko
Tom Joad
73230 Posts
user info
edit post

so they're saying "More Than Words?"

6/30/2026 3:41:43 PM

Bullet
All American
29878 Posts
user info
edit post

That's a bit Extreme

7/1/2026 11:19:45 AM

marko
Tom Joad
73230 Posts
user info
edit post

Nuno what I'm sayin'.

7/1/2026 12:13:39 PM

Bullet
All American
29878 Posts
user info
edit post

You bet-tencourt i do!

7/1/2026 12:38:48 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17755 Posts
user info
edit post

7/5/2026 4:54:39 PM

thegoodlife3
All American
41178 Posts
user info
edit post

https://bsky.app/profile/tokenliberal.bsky.social/post/3mpwjzjp4bc2l

Quote :
" This whole red card situation feels like Democrats always trying to take the high road when Republicans cheat their way to victory.

Sometimes you take the win how you can get it. Save the navel gazing for later."


perfection

7/5/2026 6:34:53 PM

The Coz
Tempus Fugitive
31651 Posts
user info
edit post

I disagree with you.

7/5/2026 7:03:09 PM

thegoodlife3
All American
41178 Posts
user info
edit post

cool, man

7/5/2026 7:06:04 PM

The Coz
Tempus Fugitive
31651 Posts
user info
edit post

You know what's even cooler than two people respectfully disagreeing?

Being a dismissive jackass and taking your ball home.

7/5/2026 7:08:37 PM

utowncha
All American
1224 Posts
user info
edit post

Quite literally, TGL just doesnt have anything to say. He cannot explain any of his positions or opinions.

>post a link
>come on man
>rinse / repeat

7/6/2026 8:23:43 AM

StTexan
Not AI!
17755 Posts
user info
edit post

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2026/07/14/buttigieg_rather_than_be_hostile_to_trump_voters_democrats_have_a_chance_to_invite_them_into_the_coalition.html

i feel like tgl3 and rwoody would think this is 180 degrees backwards

7/15/2026 6:35:56 PM

The Coz
Tempus Fugitive
31651 Posts
user info
edit post

Good idea if these voters weren't so irredeemably dumb and gullible and unable to admit and own their mistakes.

Sure, come on over!

There are plenty of former conservative voters here who can't stomach Trump and his stupid-ass movement. Because they have a functioning brain. Not enough of us.

7/15/2026 7:18:00 PM

rwoody
Save TWW
40491 Posts
user info
edit post

^^tgl and I have similar political views but very different personalities

As for what Pete said, I'm happy to welcome Trump voters, I am NOT happy for candidates to tack right to court them

[Edited on July 15, 2026 at 9:11 PM. Reason : I think I like everything he said in that link]

7/15/2026 9:09:15 PM

The Coz
Tempus Fugitive
31651 Posts
user info
edit post

I like your personality!

7/15/2026 9:43:38 PM

thegoodlife3
All American
41178 Posts
user info
edit post

Quote :
"As for what Pete said, I'm happy to welcome Trump voters, I am NOT happy for candidates to tack right to court them"

7/15/2026 10:35:54 PM

rwoody
Save TWW
40491 Posts
user info
edit post

^Ya I was almost gonna say I bet tgl would agree after clicking the link. It's pretty good stuff tbh. I'm back and forth on Mayor Pete but I liked that.

7/15/2026 10:58:13 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17755 Posts
user info
edit post

What makes you back and forth if you don't mind me asking?

He seems like he'd be competent, can't seem to connect with minorities though

7/15/2026 11:04:22 PM

rwoody
Save TWW
40491 Posts
user info
edit post

Tbh I don't have the brain space to have detailed memories of these candidates this far out from presidential elections, I remember the vibes. But based on limited memory, I think he tacks to the right too often.

I'd prob rather have him than almost any of the other more center leaning potential 2028 candidate though, as of today.

[Edited on July 16, 2026 at 9:46 AM. Reason : Maybe clawai can find prior thoughts from me]

7/16/2026 9:45:32 AM

utowncha
All American
1224 Posts
user info
edit post

Dunno if there is a dedicated AOC thread but her stop in TN was pretty cringe.

7/20/2026 11:00:30 AM

StTexan
Not AI!
17755 Posts
user info
edit post

^Perhaps this is what you are looking for

7/20/2026 11:17:35 AM

utowncha
All American
1224 Posts
user info
edit post

Shit, I even posted in that thread.

Mega-fail.

7/20/2026 11:47:32 AM

thegoodlife3
All American
41178 Posts
user info
edit post



[Edited on August 13, 2026 at 3:40 PM. Reason : .]

8/13/2026 3:35:42 PM

moron
All American
36365 Posts
user info
edit post

Solid Talarico ad here
https://www.facebook.com/reel/1799130994418385/

8/14/2026 8:33:29 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17755 Posts
user info
edit post

First time i saw that was on the treadmill at la fitness with no sound and it was clearly a good ad. I expect paxton to play ads using clips of talarico talking about how he loves trans and gods not binary etc. If talarico can't win i really wonder what it would take for a dem here

8/14/2026 9:25:20 PM

moron
All American
36365 Posts
user info
edit post

Quote :
" Is the US ready for President Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?
David Smith in Washington"


https://www.theguardian.com/news/ng-interactive/2026/aug/15/will-aoc-run-for-president

8/15/2026 3:58:05 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17755 Posts
user info
edit post

They've played that talarico ad moron posted 3 times on local dfw fox affiliate since i been at la fitness

8/20/2026 6:18:04 PM

The Coz
Tempus Fugitive
31651 Posts
user info
edit post

Quote :
"i really wonder what it would take for a dem here"

A smarter and less hateful electorate.

8/21/2026 6:43:47 AM

moron
All American
36365 Posts
user info
edit post

Quote :
" "Visitation levels to Las Vegas are down about 7.5% overall but down even further among certain demographics, including Canadians, visitors aged 21 to 29, and first-time visitors. That translates to 4 million fewer visitors annually."
"


https://nevadacurrent.com/2026/09/11/k-shaped-economy-taking-toll-on-las-vegas-top-tourism-official-warns/


I’m a big end billionairism proponent but this can be reframed

9/14/2026 12:23:54 PM

The Coz
Tempus Fugitive
31651 Posts
user info
edit post

At least service workers got no taxes on tips!

9/14/2026 2:08:16 PM

moron
All American
36365 Posts
user info
edit post

Been in the UK the past week, hiked 20 miles around the countryside and visiting London now.

Can’t believe how clean London is. After visiting NY and Chicago and San Francisco, I just assumed smelly garbage in the streets was just a fact of big city life, but central London is proving this wrong

Also I don’t think I’ve seen a uniformed police officer anywhere in the country so far. Nor a homeless person. & I finally get what a walkable city is. People even in medium sized cities really are living in a garbage filled, car centric police states in America.

One thing America is soundly better at though is accessibility— people with strollers, wheel chairs and just mobility issues don’t seem to be considered here at all. Also we have a lot more EVs in America it seems, can’t escape exhaust fumes here.

Another thing is the food… Internet likes to say Europe has better fresher food but honestly don’t really notice this at all— except their sausages. Had some of the best sausage I’ve ever tasted here (and the worst).

9/26/2026 4:00:13 PM

CaelNCSU
All American
8286 Posts
user info
edit post

The Indian food is awesome. I had a few things that gagged me (spaghetti, pate and crackers that tasted like cat food), but its been a long while.

9/26/2026 4:05:47 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17755 Posts
user info
edit post

I haven't tasted cat food before

[Edited on September 26, 2026 at 5:37 PM. Reason : Maybe a Guyana custom]

9/26/2026 5:27:30 PM

The Coz
Tempus Fugitive
31651 Posts
user info
edit post

Are we talking about dry or wet cat food?

9/26/2026 6:57:38 PM

emnsk
All American
3627 Posts
user info
edit post

Best of luck to Talarico and I really hope he wins but his "one more dollar" ads are so weird. I don't know whose idea it was to make him roleplay Oliver Twist but it's really odd to watch. That said, it's not him alone, and so I guess some consultants or researchers have found that this style of ad works best.

9/26/2026 9:11:42 PM

thegoodlife3
All American
41178 Posts
user info
edit post

https://www.importantcontext.news/democrats-lose-by-punching-down-on-trans-issues-strategists-say/

a smart piece

10/4/2026 10:11:11 PM

moron
All American
36365 Posts
user info
edit post

I do think the line “a 1000 millionaires is better than 1 billionaire” is a good one. I hope to see that one more.

10/5/2026 2:01:34 AM

qntmfred
retired
42707 Posts
user info
edit post

fwiw we already have an economy that creates 23000 millionaires per billionaire

[Edited on October 5, 2026 at 10:11 AM. Reason : it's a good line but it's irrelevant to our current reality. for those who care about reality more than how good a line sounds]

10/5/2026 10:10:41 AM

rjrumfel
All American
23767 Posts
user info
edit post

Nobody cares about trans issues when the economy is in the shitter and gas costs 4.50 a gallon.

The republicans will try to use trans issues again to push their agenda, but I don’t think it will carry as much weight this time around.

10/5/2026 1:53:21 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17755 Posts
user info
edit post

Its a big tent except for that rjrumfel, sorry...

10/5/2026 2:01:15 PM

TreeTwista10
RemLezarkSpain
151785 Posts
user info
edit post

It's really simple this November

□ COMMON SENSE
□ COMMUNISM

10/5/2026 3:44:27 PM

thegoodlife3
All American
41178 Posts
user info
edit post

^^^ there is little to no evidence that is has ever carried weight

10/5/2026 4:04:51 PM

CaelNCSU
All American
8286 Posts
user info
edit post

^ At a minimum it sucks up energy out of other topics.

Quote :
"According to an analysis by the Democratic super PAC Future Forward, "Kamala is for they/them" was one of Trump's most effective 30-second campaign ads, shifting the race 2.7 percentage points in favor of Trump after viewers watched it."


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_is_for_they/them

It was a phenomenal ad, but it is kind of a special case. This round I wouldn't expect it to be effective at all.

Quote :
"This Is Gavin Newsom, Democratic California governor Gavin Newsom agreed with his first guest, conservative activist Charlie Kirk, that "Kamala is for they/them" was the most politically harmful attack ad against Harris. "She didn't even react to it, which was even more devastating," Newsom said. He added that "it was a great ad.""


[Edited on October 5, 2026 at 4:17 PM. Reason : a]

10/5/2026 4:15:32 PM

thegoodlife3
All American
41178 Posts
user info
edit post

read the piece I posted a few posts up

lol at citing Gavin fuckin’ Newsom

[Edited on October 5, 2026 at 4:41 PM. Reason : .]

10/5/2026 4:40:33 PM

CaelNCSU
All American
8286 Posts
user info
edit post

I did, that's why I brought up the Future Forward number. It's Harris's own super PAC's data. Your piece cites the CNN poll that shows voters still give the GOP the edge on this, and Dems are privately saying it works less than in 2024, not that it never worked.

I don't expect it to work either, but it was highly effective at sucking attention away from real issues.

10/5/2026 5:23:54 PM

moron
All American
36365 Posts
user info
edit post

Quote :
" To restore faith in institutions, you must begin from the bottom up, starting with things as simple as potholes. Politics, as he put it, “has to translate to the pavement.”

Archive link: https://archive.is/20261006050534/https://www.nytimes.com/2026/10/03/opinion/zohran-mamdani-united-nations.html

"

10/6/2026 10:04:16 AM

CaelNCSU
All American
8286 Posts
user info
edit post

A clanker reads ITT:

Quote :
"
moron:
> The institutions are usable. The left often fails because it doesn't exercise power effectively enough or turn wins into visible benefits.

Cael:
> The institutions are often the bottleneck. Bureaucracies and entrenched elites protect themselves, so meaningful change may require replacing structures and empowering a more capable counterelite.

TGL:
> The institutions are broadly worth preserving. The main danger is political actors and elites who want to hollow them out, privatize them, or turn them toward authoritarian ends.

qntmfred:
> Institutions are useful but can become too procedural, ideological, or consensus-bound to execute well. Democracy works better when competent people have enough authority to make decisions, deliver results, and update when reality contradicts the theory.

That explains much of the talking past each other.

When Cael says “the institution is failing,” TGL often hears “therefore destroy it.”

When TGL says “these actors are dangerous,” Cael often hears “therefore don't examine whether the institution itself is dysfunctional.”

When moron says “use power better,” Cael*thinks “that assumes the existing machinery will let you.”

And when qntmfred says “look at the full evidence and execute what works,” moron/TGL can hear excessive skepticism toward conclusions they think are already obvious.

The deepest split is over faith in institutions versus faith in execution: TGL trusts institutions most, Cael least, while moron and qntmfred sit between them but emphasize different things—moron the wielding of democratic power, qntmfred competent decision-making and feedback."

10/6/2026 10:14:02 AM

qntmfred
retired
42707 Posts
user info
edit post

As much as I am skeptical of Mamdani's ideological foundations I do give him credit for his visible emphasis on practical governing on this premise

Quote :
"To restore faith in institutions, you must begin from the bottom up, starting with things as simple as potholes. Politics, as he put it, “has to translate to the pavement."


the problem is, you don't have to have the cachet of a marxist revolutionary brown theatre kid to do that. You can just as easily be a boring straight white cis male and get the job done too

that's why I keep saying the establishment types need to get their shit together so there will be no reason for the people to get "fed up with the country’s self-serving ruling elite" and decide to take a chance on populists on either side of the political aisle.

10/6/2026 11:16:07 AM

thegoodlife3
All American
41178 Posts
user info
edit post

set em

10/6/2026 2:41:56 PM

thegoodlife3
All American
41178 Posts
user info
edit post

up

10/6/2026 2:42:17 PM

 Message Boards » The Soap Box » Democratic Messaging in 2026 and Beyond Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13, Prev Next  
go to top | |
Admin Options : move topic | lock topic

© 2026 by The Wolf Web - All Rights Reserved.
The material located at this site is not endorsed, sponsored or provided by or on behalf of North Carolina State University.
Powered by CrazyWeb v2.39 - our disclaimer.